Hula Valley Bird Festival 2023
November 13 – 20, 2023
After a break of a few years due to COVID, we are delighted to announce that the Hula Valley Bird Festival will be back in November 2023, offering an amazing program of tours and events. Hosted by Birdlife Israel, the Hula Bird Festival brings together birders from the world over for an unforgettable week of birds and nature in the world-famous Hula Valley.
We will based for 7 nights at the beautiful Hagoshrim Hotel in the northern Galilee. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the food wonderful and the grounds offer some great birding right at your doorstep. We maintain small group sizes and travel in a spacious minibus.
What more can a birder ask for? Awesome birding, scenery and wildlife, great company and excellent hotel to return to at the end of the day.
** please be aware of our cancelation policy at the bottom
The 2023 Hula Valley Bird Festival
Our Hula fall migration Festival is definitely one of the “not to be missed” events on the International Birding calendar. The combination of great weather, fantastic birds, wildlife and memorable migration moments cannot be beaten. The Hula Valley Bird Festival is by far THE BEST VALUE package for fall birding in Israel.
The Festival offers a week birding program, based at an excellent Hotel and led by the finest tour leaders in Israel. Besides spending time at the magical Hula Valley, we set out to explore all the diverse avian wonders of Northern Israel; from the alpine summits of Mt Hermon to the low lying shores of the Sea of Galilee and the rich valleys of the Beit Shean area. Our festival tours usually see around 200 species of birds and around 15 species of mammals!
The Hula Bird Festival Full Birding package includes:
- Pickup and transfer from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem on day 1.
Drop off in Tel Aviv or Ben Gurion airport on last day (day 8).
- 7 nights at Hagoshrim Hotel on HB basis (Breakfast and dinner included - We will stop for lunch/refreshments every day but these are not included)
- A full program of birding tours led by the best tour leaders in Israel, all fluent English-speakers. Package visitors are free to join any or all the tours on the program. Tours cover all the major sites around the Hula valley, Golan Heights and Mount Hermon, Beit She’an Valley and the Mediterranean Coast.
- All entry fees (reserves, mobile hide tour, Hermon cable car etc.)
- All evening activities and lectures.
- All transportation within the country.
Not included: flights, visas (if necessary), insurance, lunch (we will stop everyday where light lunches can be purchased), telephone, beverages, laundry, tips.
Price: Double room: $3900 per person
Single room: $4700
Thank you for choosing our festivals, we are sure you will have a birding holiday you will never forget!
In order to book your trip you are required to book directly online. After completing the booking you will receive an official confirmation of your reservation.
Full payment for the festival will be charged upon booking.
Finally we remind you that the Israel Ornithological Center is a non- profit organization and that all the proceeds from our festivals go directly to field work and bird conservation action in Israel. Your money makes a difference, come do your part for Israel’s birds.
For more information and booking a package
For more information and booking a package please email us:
See you in the field!
Birdlife Israel Bird festivals cancellation policy
The Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel’s cancellation policy complies with Israel’s consumer protection law and regulations. This cancellation policy set up favorable conditions for individuals from overseas who are participating in our birding festivals. It is as follows:
- Cancellation within 14 days of booking (as long as not within 7 days from start of the event) will be charged 5% or 100 NIS (whichever is lower)
- Cancellation up to 3 months before the event – 5% of the total fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 2 months before the event - %30 of the total fee.
- Cancellation between 2 month and 1 month before the event - %50 cancellation charge.
- In the event of a last minute cancellation (1 month or less before the event) you will be charged the full price for the package booked.
- If you are cancelling because of a medical condition please make sure to provide the
necessary paperwork with your cancellation and we will assess the situation before